Google+

Sunday 14 March 2010

A New Beginning...

Writing seems such an easy thing to do. You learn the alphabet, how to form words and away you go!

But to actually sit down and create something that other people will want to read. Now that is a completely different matter.

As someone who calls themselves a writer, I have struggled to get off the starting blocks for almost two years. Finally I have the motivation to actually get on with writing. Rather than constantly scribbling down ideas and claiming to be 'researching' I now feel I am at a point where I can actually begin...properly.

This blog, although it may not always be focussed on writing, will hopefully keep my motivation alive. If I see that I haven't posted for some time without good reason, I will know that my motivation and enthusiasm needs a boost.

And so 'A Writer's struggle to Write' begins...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent, chippy.

I really know what you mean about the difference between writing and creating. In my job I am forever telling people that that 'a' grade in 'o' level English doesn't make you 'a' grade a communicator! Usually on to deaf ears.

Keep it up. I'd love to hear what you're writing about...