Google+

Friday 11 February 2011

Blogging Leapfrog!

I've just had a little game of 'blogging leapfrog'. It's simple enough if you want to play.

1. Go to a blog that you follow.
2. Find where they have a list of blogs that they follow.
3. Click on one.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3...as many times as you like.

It takes you to some far flung places, and some not so far as well. The only problem is if you get to a blog where they don't have a list of blogs that they follow on their actual blog. That tends to stop you in your tracks.

And I've discovered a 'glitch in The Matrix'. On a couple of occasions I have been leapfrogging and have arrived at a blog that I find I like. I've clicked the follow button. It then prompts me to sign in to Google Friend Connect...but then won't let me sign in.

However if the blog in question has a 'follow' link at the top, up there with the 'dashboard' and sign in/out' buttons, then it lets me follow the blog straight away.

And Googling the problem only brings up people who are having the same problem...no solution.

But then I gave up looking pretty quickly...maybe someone with a higher level of patience when it comes to irritating problems would have better luck.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ever since I upgraded to the newer version of blogger, I've found I get bumped out of Google often and have to re-sign back in. Sorry, so answer for you!

Chippy said...

I don't know what I did that but I finally managed to follow a couple of blogs via Google. Maybe it is because I'm on a different computer?!?! My laptop can be childish at times!