Google+

Thursday 28 April 2011

X is For... Xylophone

Now I know that this seems like I'm taking the easy way out by choosing xylophone for my 'X' post but I am actually going to tell you something that may or may not prove useful in the future.

I have known for sometime that the main difference between a xylophone and a Glockenspiel was that one was made of wood and the other was made of metal. But I could never remember which was which.

So I devised a way for me to remember this fairly useless fact (unless you are a xylophone or Glockenspiel player), which I will now share with you.

A Glockenspiel is made of metal and a xylophone is made of wood.

And the way that I remember this is...

A xylophone begins with X.

X is the letter straight after W.

W is the first letter of the word wood.

Simple!

2 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Excellent X word and nicely written.

Yvonne.

Donna K. Weaver said...

It is a fun instrument ... and word.