Google+

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Teaser Tuesday

I'm still reading the same book that I've been reading for the last two weeks. So I thought I'd share a couple of teaser sentences from the last non-fiction book I read.

Taking part in Teaser Tuesday is simple:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Then head over to Should Be Reading and add your link to the comments.

So here are my teasers:

"Obviously what such a writer needs is to be made to realize that his case is not isolated; that we all continue to grow, and that in order to write at all we must write on the basis of our present beliefs. If you are unwilling to write from the honest, though perhaps far from final, point of view that represents your present state, you may come to your deathbed with your contribution to the world still unmade, and just as far from final conviction about the universe as you were at the age of twenty."

Page 124, Becoming A Writer by Dorothea Brande

Do you know how long it took me to type all that out, one handed, while I held the book open? My hands started to ache in the end! But I think you'll find that that is two sentences - go ahead and count them!

1 comment:

Angel The Alien said...

Wow, those are some run-on sentences there!