Google+

Monday 10 September 2012

What's Your Chocolate Blogfest

Today is the day of the What's Your Chocolate blogfest - one of the hosts of which is Laura Eno.

For someone who has type 1 diabetes I do eat quite a bit of chocolate. To the point that I decided to cut down on the amount of chocolate I ate.

The amount of chocolate I eat would also surprise people given that I'm built like a rail!

And even though I've cut down on chocolate today I thought I'd introduce you to one of my favourite chocolate bars. OK so it's not solid chocolate - it has nougat and stuff in it too.

But it is a chocolate bar that is quite carbohydrate filled so to avoid having to take a lot of insulin to counteract it I don't have them that often. Only as a treat.

The chocolate bar in question is the...

Aah the Cadbury Double Decker - nougat, cereal and chocolate - nom, nom, nom!

I ate this in the name of research!
Did you know that Joss Whedon likes the Cadbury Double Decker? If you watched the extras for the PS2 game (remember the PS2?) Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds you'll be able to tell me what his favourite Cadbury chocolate bar is.

It might not be the only place to find that out - maybe he repeated it in another interview. I don't know, it's just something that stuck with me from the extra videos for that game.

Anyway back to chocolate - if you click the link at the top of this post you'll be able to find out who else is taking part in this blogfest today. So go and read some more about chocolate.

15 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

Hi, stopping by from the blog hop - I love Double Deckers too. Although I liked them more before they changed the recipe - mid-80s I think, maybe later (hopefully later!)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Chippy ... me too hopping over from the blog hop - occasionally I'll have one of these .. Prefer other British chocolate bars though .. but try to stay clear!!

Cheers Hilary

baygirl32 said...

oh to be built like a rail.... I've never seen a double decker before

Hildie McQueen said...

That looks super yummy!

M Pax said...

I love Joss. Have you seen his speech on equality? It's wonderful.

That candy bar looks fantastic.

Isis Rushdan said...

Nice to meet you!

Cadbury makes some of the best candy bars. Although I have not had the sinful-looking double decker, lol.

Tim VanSant Writes said...

I've never tried a Double Decker, but I'm finding lots of new treats to try on this blog hop.

michelle said...

Hi... I'm visiting from the blog hop.
As a non-choccie lover, I'm wracking my brains, trying to remember if we still have the Double Decker my side of the globe... I know I've seen it around but can't remember if it's still on the market.

Doug said...

That double Decker bar does look good. Can't say I've ever seen one: I'll have to keep an eye peeled. If Josh like them, I'm in!

LynnRush said...

Oh, the Double Decker. Wow, That looks yummy. I've not heard of that bar. But as you said, looks, Nom, Nom, Nom!!! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I guess the cereal in the center makes it nutritious, right?

Brinda said...

YUMMO. That looks simply delicious. I'm a Joss Whedon fan. :)

Ciara said...

I just ate that chocolate Croissant in the name of research. Really. :)

cleemckenzie said...

I didn't think of doing research when I posted on this hop. Rats! I could have had two hot fudge sundaes this year.

Laura Eno said...

Why didn't I think of that...eating in the name of research! Thanks for joining the blogfest. :)