Google+

Friday 28 December 2012

Me, Myself & I

There are various sides to my personality – sides that conflict with each other.


Take my optimism for instance. While outwardly I saying “I’m sure it’ll be fine”, the pessimist in me (locked in a cupboard in the back of my mind) hammers on the door shouting “it’s going to go spectacularly wrong!”

Little things that I forgot to do or didn’t get or whatever throw me in to a brief panic. Then the (slightly) more chilled side of me walks over switches off my over-reactor and says “what are you getting so worked up about? It’s not the end of the world”.

Then there is my personality over all versus my wardrobe. I am a very shy person. I don’t like to be the centre of attention. I’d rather sit back and listen, take in the information (most of the time) and make as little input as possible.

But then there’s my wardrobe – I've managed to narrow down my style to tattooless-rockabilly-goth-geek. Nice and specific. I like vintage clothes, t-shirts with classic cartoon characters printed on them, Converse, Dr. Martens, printed/brightly coloured jeans, Iron Fist, flowers in my hair... I could go on and on and on.

Basically my wardrobe makes me stand out from the crowd… which is one of the things my personality doesn’t want to do.

But maybe deep down I really do want to stand out… otherwise I wouldn’t dress that way… would I?

Do you have conflicting sides to you personality? Or should I think about seeing a professional?

No comments: