Google+

Monday 18 March 2013

Top 10 Movie Countdown Blogfest


Today is the day of the Top 10 Movie Countdown Blogfest as hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh.

And really the clue is in the title with regards to what this blogfest entails.

Now I have listed my top ten... which took me a while to narrow down. But they are not in any particular order as they come from multiple genres.

I judge a film to be a favourite if I can watch it over and over again without it losing any of its charm or whatever it is that compels me to keep re-watching it.

So this is going to be a video/trailer heavy post... and I won't explain why I like each film because with some of them I just can't explain why I like the film in question.

So away we go:

Face/Off (1997)
















Honourable Mentions

There were a couple of films that didn't quite make it in to my top ten but I wanted to mention them anyway.  


If you click the link at the top of this page you can go and find the link list over at Ninja Captain Alex's blog.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You want his face off... yes his face... off :)

Jeremy [Retro-Z]
Howlin' Wolf

Nicki Elson said...

Man there are a lot of great movies out there. Loved Hot Fuzz so much. I picked mine based on the ones I could watch over and over again too.

David P. King said...

Glad to see Without a Clue in there. Such a funny film, and I'm surprised how few know about it. Great list, and it's good to meet you! :)

Mina Lobo said...

Hi, hopping by from the Hop. Ghostbusters made it to my list as well; My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Hot Fuzz almost did - I'll have to count them in my top 20. :-)

nutschell said...

great picks! ive watched almost everything on this list except for hotfuzz and without a clue.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Arlee Bird said...

A unique list. I especially like Singing in the Rain.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Bob/Sally said...

"I've got it! His real name is Arty-Morti!:

Without a Clue - completely forgot about that one. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Forgot about Face Off! Great film.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest.

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

The Sword in the Stone was and still is a favorite for me. Sick days with a stack of movies always included Merlin and his weird ways...

Great list!

LD Masterson said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot about Singing in the Rain when I made my list. Thanks for remembering it.

Printed Portal said...

I just recently bought Face Off but not got round to watching it yet (I have seen it before and loved it). You have given me a craving. :)

Chuck said...

I now have to see Without A Clue. I am a big fan of Michael Caine in any format and the trailer was hilarious. Thanks so much for making me aware...and also for stopping by yesterday! Great List!!

Chuck at Apocalypse Now

Trisha said...

The ones I've seen from this list are You've Got Mail, Ghostbusters and Indiana Jones. Love those ones. Would like to see the others too :)

Tammy Theriault said...

totally loved mr. cage in faceoff he outdid himself in this one!!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Loved the variety. :3