Google+

Wednesday 2 April 2014

B Is For...

My theme for the A To Z Challenge 2014 is things I’ve learnt from movies. Some are serious, some are silly. And some I was clutching at straws.
I’ve tried to find clips of said movies where possible. So if I couldn’t find a clip and you haven’t seen the movie… well you’ll have to take my word for it.





 B is for (The) Book Of Eli.

Ok so I'm slightly cheating with this one (already). Some people will probably not count it as cheating. But given that I keep my DVDs in alphabetical order and I file movies that start with 'The' under 'T' it's technically cheating.

But it's my blog so knickers to it! :)

The basic plot of this movie is:

"A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind."

What I learnt from (The) Book Of Eli is... you don't mess with Denzel Washington (this movie is rated 15 in the UK).



And readers who've seen The Bone Collector (another film beginning with 'B' and 'The') will know that you can't even mess with Denzel when he's a quadriplegic!

3 comments:

Rhonda Parrish said...

I haven't watched The Book of Eli, but I LOVED The Bone Collector :)

Happy A to Z!

flip mcfliperson said...

I don't think you're cheating. And though not a B you really don't want to mess with Denzel after watching Man On Fire.

flip, a fellow A-Zer, at HILL BLOCKS VIEW

J.Day said...

The Book of Eli was a different kind of movie. Although I had a good idea what the book they were talking about pretty early on. lol

And no, nobody messes with Denzel.

Stopping by from A-Z.

http://theramblingsofcharliebrown.blogspot.com