Google+

Wednesday 9 April 2014

H Is For...


My theme for the A To Z Challenge 2014 is things I’ve learnt from movies. Some are serious, some are silly. And some I was clutching at straws.
I’ve tried to find clips of said movies where possible. So if I couldn’t find a clip and you haven’t seen the movie… well you’ll have to take my word for it.





 H is for Heartbreak Ridge.

This movie is easily my favourite Clint Eastwood movie - so many classic lines (although Sudden Impact does have the classic line in it - 'Go ahead make my day').

The plot:

A hard-nosed, hard-living Marine gunnery sergeant clashes with his superiors and his ex-wife as he takes command of a spoiled recon platoon with a bad attitude.

Now this is post is in the similar vein to my B post only in this case - you don't want to mess with Clint Eastwood. In fact you don't want to even say anything to him because he'll cut you down with some remark... or just a look :)

One of my favourite of Gunny Highway's remarks (it makes me laugh every time) is when another Marine approaches him at the supply stores and tries to persuade him to do him favours in the future with regards to the store's records and in exchange he'll do him favours... like get him Cuban cigars.

Highway's reply is:

Sergeant, you get that contraband stogie outta my face, before I shove it so far up your a** you'll have to set fire to your nose to light it.

(I couldn't even type that without laughing)

Well I managed to find the trailer (it's not a great trailer - not very well edited in my opinion - although it's supposedly the official trailer - go figure) but unfortunately that particular bit isn't in it :(

But there are some other good bits from this movie in the trailer. (this movie is rated 15 in the UK)



4 comments:

The Daily Bern said...

Love Heartbreak Ridge! Great choice for H! Shawn from Laughing at Life 2 your newest follower

Jo said...

I thought I had seen that movie, but watching the trailer, maybe I haven't. Will have to see if I can find it.

Silvia Writes said...

I'd probably watch any Eastwood movie ever. I haven't heard of this one, but it's on the list now. Trailer looks good.
Silvia @
SilviaWrites

Glenda Cates said...

I ave not seen this Clint Eastwood movie even though I love him and have seen most of his movies. So I will see if hubby has seen it and i not I will look for it. As I can see him saying that and meaning it.