Google+

Wednesday 23 April 2014

T Is For...



My theme for the A To Z Challenge 2014 is things I’ve learnt from movies. Some are serious, some are silly. And some I was clutching at straws.
I’ve tried to find clips of said movies where possible. So if I couldn’t find a clip and you haven’t seen the movie… well you’ll have to take my word for it.





 T if for Taken.

Another of my favourite action movies.

Plot:

A retired CIA agent travels across Europe and relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been kidnapped while on a trip to Paris.

This post is in the same vein as my B post but in this case you don't want to mess with Liam Neeson. (this movie is rated 18 in the UK).

Basically Liam Neeson's character is on the phone to his daughter who is in Europe when she is kidnapped. The kidnapper comes on the phone and this is how the call goes:


The guy on the other end of the phone clearly has no ides who he is dealing with. Liam Neeson is a man who has trained Obi-Wan Kenobi, he's trained Batman, he's fought wolves, he was a crusader, and he is a god, just to name a few.

But the guy on the end of the phone still goes ahead and messes with him - he should have known that it would end badly for him.

To prove that you don't mess with Liam Neeson here is the trailer for Taken - it has the same speech you just heard just with some demonstrations of the character's 'skills'.


1 comment:

Huntress said...

A good movie. Neeson has high marks from me for his work in Schindler's List. How he manages to hide his accent in Taken is beyond me.

Author of Wilder Mage at Spirit Called
Facebook Wilder Mage