Google+

Monday 23 March 2015

A To Z: The Theme Reveal



Today is the day of the A To Z Challenge 2015 Theme Reveal!


All you have to do is click the link above, sign up and then blog about your theme for the A To Z Challenge 2015.

I actually had the main idea for my theme for 2015 not long after the end of the 2014 challenge, but it has since evolved.

The main basis of my theme was songs that sent a shiver down my spine or that I felt some connection to. However as my list progressed and I found some letters more difficult that other my theme evolved.

So much so that I have decided to make a key to define which songs mean what to me:

D - Can't help but dance to it
P - Panicked
S - Can't help but sing to it
S/C - Strikes a chord with me (no pun intended)
W - Wildcard

I had real difficulty coming up with the "strikes a chord" category. Because with some of the songs that fall in to that category I don't necessary relate or connect to that song but it still send a bit of shiver through me to listen to it. And I couldn't think of a way to describe all of that in one short phrase... so strikes a chord it is.

Some songs will of course have a combination of these symbols. I ended up with wildcard posts because I didn't want to put songs in that I had never listened to or that I listened to once 10 years ago. So my wildcard posts (there's only 2) are for letters that I could not come up with any song (although I'm sure there are songs out there beginning with those letter).

But I can tell you that my wildcard posts will be writing themed... as in music that I like to write to.

So that is my theme for the 2015 challenge.

Click the links at the top of this post to sign up for the Reveal and the Challenge itself.

What is your theme this year?

4 comments:

Susan Kane said...

A super theme! "I remember that song!" will be written a lot.

Anonymous said...

Awesome theme. I'm curious about what songs you've picked.

~Patricia Lynne~
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

EvalinaMaria said...

I'm looking forward to your posts and songs.
Evalina, This and that...

A Tarkabarka Hölgy said...

I like your labeling system :) Mine would probably have GP for Guilty Pleasure: "I'd never admit that I listen to it, but I dance like crazy when I'm alone" :D
Cheers!

@TarkabarkaHolgy from
Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...