Google+

Wednesday 1 April 2015

A Is For...



Welcome to the A To Z Challenge 2015.

My theme this year is music. Specifically music that I listen to at least fairly regularly and that falls in to these categories:

D - Can't help but dance to it
P - Panicked
S - Can't help but sing to it
S/C - Strikes a chord with me (no pun intended)
W - Wildcard

When it some to the “strikes a chord” category, I don't necessary relate or connect to that song but it still send a bit of shiver through me to listen to it. And I couldn't think of a way to describe all of that in one short phrase... so strikes a chord it is.

Enjoy!








The number of songs will vary from post to post but I got a couple of them for you today:


After All - Michael Buble ft. Bryan Adams - S, S/C

This video does make it seem like they are singing to each other... which is fine by me I just wonder what their partners make of it.

(starts at 0.50)


American Pie - Don Mclean - S, S/C

I'll be honest I had no idea this song lasted quite so long - the version I listen to usually is about half the length of this... who knew? Obviously not me...


5 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

American Pie is in my opinion, one of the best songs ever written.

Excellent challenge theme, btw. :-)

Unknown said...

Another A song that strikes a chord is At Last. I like Etta James' version best.
Elizabeth Hein - Scribbling in the Storage Room

Jo said...

Not a big fan of Bublé even though I am a Canadian (originally from Britain of course). I think he puts on a great show though. Not sure about American Pie, hear it so often.

The Daily Bern said...

Couldn't view the first video but I love American Pie. Great song! Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

Life SPW said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog page and leaving a comment. Good luck with the rest of the A to Z Blog Challenge. I have a similar theme, that is music.