Google+

Friday 5 October 2012

Violently Funny

The other week I saw Avengers Assemble for the first time. The reason I hadn't seen it before is because I'm not overly keen on The Hulk. It used to scare me when I was a child.

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

"OK. I'll take your word for it."

That didn't stop my family watching The Incredible Hulk when it was on TV... whilst I cowered in the kitchen.

Anyway back to the film - even though I don't like The Hulk my brother insisted that I watch it (I was distracted most of the time by Robert Downey Jr. so it was all good).

And I did enjoy it. In fact one of the scenes that I liked the most included The Hulk. I found the scene in question funny and violent both at the same time.

This scene may... or may not... spoil the film ever so slightly if you haven't seen it.


Thinking about this scene made me think of another violent scene in a film that I find inexplicably funny.

It is the scene from The Dark Knight commonly known as 'The Pencil Trick'.

I think it's Joker's reaction immediately after the 'trick' that makes me laugh the most. You don't have to watch it all - just the first 35 seconds is the violent bit that I find funny.


I'm a peculiar sort of person...

No comments: