Google+

Friday 13 September 2013

Liebster Award


I was nominated for the Liebster Award in February. FEBRUARY!!!

And I was nominated by Jolie Du Pre. Thank you Jolie!

So I've got some questions to answer and some random facts about myself to give you.

Questions from Jolie Du Pre

1. What is the top item on your bucket list?

Whenever I read other people's bucket lists I always feel that mine seems sort of pathetic in comparison. But I suppose, at the moment, I want to visit Rome/Italy. In fact I'm saving up to go as we speak.

2. What do some people do that bugs you the most?

Where do I start? I think it would have to be impoliteness. Like when you hold a door open for someone and they don't say thank you.

3. What do some people do that you love the most?

I like it when you are driving and you let someone out of a junction and they thank you for it. For instance if you let the bus pull away from the bus stop and the driver flashes his hazard lights at you to thank you. I also like it when I'm a pedestrian and drivers let you cross the road. I seem to have a thing about traffic...

4. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?

Be more confident and don't over think things - I tend to run things through my mind too much before hand and end up anxious. I make a mountain out of a molehill. A simple conversation becomes a life or death situation in my mind.Although I am working on this... hopefully I won't over work on it.

5. Do you believe in Astrology?

I'm not sure if I believe your horoscope is actually predicted. But I do believe that reading it can have an effect on your day. If it says you'll have a good day you might be more optimistic. Or if it says be careful with money you might decide against any spur of the moment purchases.

6. Do you believe in monsters?

Yes - there are monsters out there in human form, you read about them everyday.

7. Who is your favourite male celebrity?

Alive - that's a tough choice. I think it is a tie between Michael Buble and Robert Downey Jr.

Dead - Cary Grant will always hold a special place in my heart (despite the fact I only started watching his films in the last 2 or 3 years).


8. Who is your favourite female celebrity?

 Alive - I think it would have to be Kate Hudson - I don't know why, she just seems nice.
In fact her whole family seems nice - Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn always seem so happy together. And when they are all together they always seem to be having a good time (and yes I know there are more than just the three of them).

Dead - Tie between Ginger Rogers and Katharine Hepburn

The last two questions do appear to have become more about my favourite actors that anything else (and Michael of course!)

9. Are you doing your dream job?

My day job - no not really

But in my spare time I write and ideally I would like that to be my day job one day.

10. What do you want people to say about you when you die?

I don't really know - something positive I hope.

11. Do you want to live forever?

I don't particularly want to die but the idea of living forever is just as scary.

Random Facts (I May Have Already Told You Some Of These Facts At Some Point - I'm Not Sure)

1. I watch horror films clasping a cushion so I can peek out from behind it during the scary parts... that's why I don't go to the cinema to see horror movies.

2. I am 1/8th French - my Great Grandma (my Dad's maternal Grandma) was French (she met my English Great Grandad during World War 1).

3. My favourite animal is the dolphin.

4. I was (and still am) a huge Teenage Mutant Hero* Turtles Fan - I know I have shared this fact in the past but I just wanted to reiterate it. (*The Turtles were Hero Turtles in the UK during the 80s not Ninjas)

5. Jeremy Brett will always be Sherlock Holmes to me. (Although Robert Downey Jr. was quite good too)

6. I have 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, that I've owned for at least a couple of years, that I have yet to wear.

7. I volunteered in the schools department of Lincoln Cathedral whilst I was at university.

8. I will not eat peas and have spent many years developing the skill of eating around them if they are mixed in with whatever I'm eating.

9. I can watch films with people being killed and not bat an eyelid. A dog dies and I'm practically in tears.

10. Every other fact I tell someone is usually followed by the words 'it was on QI'. (QI is a UK quiz show on TV where basically you discover that most of what you think you know is actually utter rubbish)

11. I don't like lager or whisky (although I'm more likely to try a whisky I've never tried before than a lager - probably because whisky comes in shots and not half pints).


Now this is the point where I'm supposed to list 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers (I think) to pass the award on to and then 11 questions for them to answer.

But seen as it has taken me just over 6 months to answer 11 questions and list 11 facts I think I'm going to have to pass on nominating anyone else... unless you want to wait another 6 months.

No comments: