Google+

Friday 1 March 2013

Book Review: Become by Ali Cross

Disclaimer: I received Become by Ali Cross free as a First Read on Goodreads.

Become is a paranormal urban fantasy. It has a good story line - Desolution (Desi for short) is the Devil's daughter after all, so of course the story line is good. She's the Devil's daughter but she doesn't want to follow in his footsteps (or should that be hoof prints?). And then she ends up on the mortal plane where problems arise: angels, demons, you know the usual teenage stuff.


There were a couple of moments of 'What? So that means...? How come...?' where I was a little confused. How old is she supposed to be again?

Just when you think you've got the whole plot nailed down something new appears to change that. There were twists and turns, things you didn't see coming, or maybe you did.

Now I liked the story and I would probably have picked this up and read it whether I had to pay for it or not. However, to be honest, when I got to the end I didn't really care what happened next.

I may read the next one, I may not. There just isn't anything making me think 'Ooh what's going to happen next?' like with some series I have read (or am still reading).

Other than that it is a quite good read.

3 stars out of 5 on Goodreads

This review can also be found on Goodreads.

No comments: